Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Downstream service unreachable - Only on a specific Credit Card

zRares
Explorer C

Hello,

I've been using the same Amex Credit Card to buy hundreds of tickets and since yesterday I keep getting the same error when I try to pay for the ticket.

Downstream Service unreachable 

Error 500622193 (5F8A030E-8765-4046-9B51-52A979868083:0.3d0b1160.1702066781.8806dca:ios)

I tried also buying a ticket with the same card on the PC browser, not on the IOS app and I still get an error and the card was check for both in person and online purchases and it works anywhere else but on the southwest website/app.

Using any other card besides that main Amex card will fix the issue.

Please let me know if Southwest blocked that card of what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Downstream service unreachable - Only on a specific Credit Card

zeebeedeebee
Explorer C

omg i am in the same hell and when i called cust service they literally said they have no dept or person that could help me -they just repeated bs try another phone browser or computer EVEN THO I ALREADY SAID THAT IS WHAT I DID BEFORE CALLING. da f####k……

dfwskier
Aviator A

So, if one card does not work, then use another card.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@zRares wrote:

Hello,

I've been using the same Amex Credit Card to buy hundreds of tickets and since yesterday I keep getting the same error when I try to pay for the ticket.

Downstream Service unreachable 

Error 500622193 (5F8A030E-8765-4046-9B51-52A979868083:0.3d0b1160.1702066781.8806dca:ios)

I tried also buying a ticket with the same card on the PC browser, not on the IOS app and I still get an error and the card was check for both in person and online purchases and it works anywhere else but on the southwest website/app.

Using any other card besides that main Amex card will fix the issue.

Please let me know if Southwest blocked that card of what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Thank you!

I don't think Southwest would block the card. This looks like a technical error. As others have suggested, I would use another form of payment. If this error continues or occurs again when you buy a future ticket, I would email Southwest with the error codes.

One footnote: A few weeks ago, I attempted to order food on a major restaurant's phone app, attempted to pay with my bank's debit card and the card was declined due to a zip code mismatch (I checked my bank account and the billing address was not tampered, account was in good standing, and had no security flags active). Trying to pay with an Amex credit card failed too with the same reason (billing address is good, account good standing/no security locks). Paid with a different credit card (MasterCard) and the transaction went through.

After I ordered the food, I ordered some Christmas gifts on Amazon with the other two cards and they processed successfully; thus the restaurant's payment processor likely had a glitch with communicating the user-submitted zip code with the banks.

HiFlyer
Explorer C

I'm having the same problem recently and can't seem to get it fixed. It is definitely NOT the credit card or form of payment. I use the same credit card for other Southwest accounts. I get the same error using points or trying other credit cards. Customer service has no idea. I asked for technical support and they say there is no tech support and they are able to fix the issue. That is not true and they finally gave up and said they would email their internal customer service. I'll come back when I get a resolution. This issue is both on my phone and computer.

jwilliams1832
Explorer C

I had the same issue. I was able to remove the card from my RR account, then add the same card back and it seemed to fix the issue. 

Jegorugwu
Explorer C

I’m having the same issue but nothing to do with a credit card just the same error message when I try to pull up my reservation or change my flight on the app and web. I’ve called customer service and they keep saying everything is working fine on their end. It’s so frustrating.