Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Credit

kjuaire
Explorer C

I booked a flight which Southwest changed, Subsequently the price for that flight dropped below my original cost.  Typically I can go to the website and use the change flight feature to select the same flight and automatically receive a flight credit.  On this flight that was changed by Southwest, that is not an option. I do not see the price differences on the alternate flights, nor can I select the same flight.

Is calling the only option for receiving the credit or is their an alternate online method?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight Credit

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@kjuaire wrote:

I booked a flight which Southwest changed, Subsequently the price for that flight dropped below my original cost.  Typically I can go to the website and use the change flight feature to select the same flight and automatically receive a flight credit.  On this flight that was changed by Southwest, that is not an option. I do not see the price differences on the alternate flights, nor can I select the same flight.

Is calling the only option for receiving the credit or is their an alternate online method?

Greetings:

You are correct. Since SW changed your flight, you are granted the 14-day travel flexibility of the impacted flight without having to pay a difference in fare which essentially prevents repricing via the self-serve tools should the fare drop.

There's two means to resolve: Either contact SW Customer Service and have a rep re-price the flight (I would re-price it that way). If you bought Early Bird Check-In, this would be your method to ensure it transfers assuming your flight is more than 25 hours away.

The other option is to simply cancel the original booking, receive the fight credit; then rebook it as new flight right away to lock in the lower fare. Just keep in mind that any previous Early Bird Check-In purchases do not transfer with this option.