Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Has anyone noticed southwest has fares this summer than other airlines??

Will0329
Explorer B

Since July 2015 I have been flying southwest between seattle and burbank,California. Southwest used to have want to get away fares for $65 to $100 oneway on this route.

This summer southwest is charging $300 or $400 omeway for a want to get away fare.

Southwest only offers connecting service on the burbank to seattle route.

Alaska now for this summer is much cheaper than southwest for a non stop flight from seattle to burbank.

Alaska charges $129 for a coach ticket and $300 for a 1st class ticket oneway.

Alaskas 1st class includes 2 free checked bags and is fully refundable too. 

I like southwest and have been flying them between burbank to seattle for many many years.

At $300 or $400 for a want to get away fare with connecting service between burbank and seattle southwest seems over priced and a rip off!!

Will southwest ever offer want to get away fares between seattle and burbank for $65 to $100 omeway again??

1 REPLY 1

Re: Has anyone noticed southwest has fares this summer than other airlines??

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Will0329 wrote:

At $300 or $400 for a want to get away fare with connecting service between burbank and seattle southwest seems over priced and a rip off!!

Will southwest ever offer want to get away fares between seattle and burbank for $65 to $100 omeway again??

Well, there is no answer to that question, but I do expect fares to drop after the summer family vacation season is over- after about 8/15. How far - I dunno.

Until then, fly the airline that best serves your needs. I love Southwest, but when a different airline serves my needs better, then I fly the other guy.