Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Move our child from my reservation to my spouses - possible?

br329
Explorer C

We have a roundtrip flight coming up in Oct which we had to book in two separate reservations - one with me and one of my kids, and the other with my wife and everyone else. The flights are exactly the same but for various reasons we booked it separately.

Now, something came up at work and i might have to change my travel dates a bit, but I want to make sure my kid who is on my reservation can still travel with my wife and rest of the family. Is it possible to move him from mine to my spouses booking? Does not seem possible online and want to know if this is a thing before calling the helpline. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Move our child from my reservation to my spouses - possible?

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Best to call customer support to take care of this, they will have to link the child reservation to your wife,  the other option is if there isn’t a price difference you can cancel yours and rebook a new one for the child and link it to your wife yourself but if there is a price change I would call customer support 

Re: Move our child from my reservation to my spouses - possible?

dfwskier
Aviator A

The other option might be to just cancel your reservstion and have the child listed as a minor that is tied to your wife's resevztion.

Not sure exactly how that would be done. Call SS for advice.