Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Response From Southwest

cchristopher
Explorer C

Hello. My husband and I had our reservation cancelled without notification the night before we were to leave on a cruise so had to drive overnight from St. Louis to New Orleans. I filed a complaint and was granted a luv voucher for one person. I have since filed a new case trying to get a response as to why just one and included all of the costs and miles on our car but to no avail. Just hoping to get some communication in return.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Response From Southwest

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You won't get a response here if that's what you are hoping for, this is a customer to customer forum.  It sounds like you've already contacted Southwest, hopefully via a written message.  It's very unlikely you will receive more than the voucher you have already received, although each person inconvenienced could perhaps get their own voucher.  Southwest is not going to pay for your non-Southwest travel expenses.  Travel insurance would cover such expenses and may be a good idea for other important trips you plan to take.  Some credit cards also have trip cancellation/delay coverage that might cover some expenses.

--TheMiddleSeat

cchristopher
Explorer C

I realize I will not get a response here and I am fully aware of travel insurance. My post is just to illustrate what happened and that Southwest, in good faith should issue two vouchers and putting it out there.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ok, that wasn't clear since you said, "Just hoping to get some communication in return" so I didn't want you to expect something from here.  Like I said, each passenger on the cancelled itinerary may get a voucher, but Southwest may have already factored in the number of passengers on your reservation when they issued the one voucher.  You're certainly welcome to try for more, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

--TheMiddleSeat