Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund from Southwest Vacations

markitaann
Explorer C

I am so frustrated. Our son is unable to travel with us for personal reasons. We already paid for his flight and hotel through Southwest Vacations. After calling just about everyday I finally got someone on the phone yesterday that was willing to offer more than just credits that can only be used by HIM even though everything was paid for by US and before it could be completed the call dropped. I called back and got another agent, I provided her with the email address he’d given me (I sent over ppw) and she said he’d told her he would get permission to call me back, fine. I never received a call back, I called today and the new agent I spoke with told me in order to cancel my son’s ticket and take him off of our room they’d need an additional $600! Everyone is very nonchalant and uncaring. There is never a way to escalate a call. Southwest Airlines says call Southwest Vacations. Southwest Vacations says call the hotel OR Southwest Airlines. The hotel says to call whoever I’ve booked through (Southwest Vacations). I asked if all the calls are recorded and was told yes, I asked when it says my last call was made, he said 5/20. I spoke to 2 agents just yesterday. There aren’t any notes saying I’ve spoken with anyone. I’m not sure where to go from here.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refund from Southwest Vacations

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If this is going to get fixed, it will have to be fixed by Southwest Vacations which is a different company than Southwet Airlines: Apple Vacation Group.

It seems that when things go exatly as planned Southwest Vacations is great, but if anything goes wrong, it is notoriously difficult to deal with.

Good luck.

markitaann
Explorer C

Thank you for understanding. I’m going to keep trying. I’m hoping for a resolution soon.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@markitaann wrote:

What were the cancellation rules for the reservation? If they specified refund for the hotel part, you could always protest the charge to your credit card company.

The Southwest part, by Southwest rules would be a travel credit only he could use --- BUT -- he could use the funds to book a Wanna Get Away Plus flight, and then cancel that flight. That would allow him to transfer the credit to you.