Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund not a flight credit

sipeseirra98
Explorer C

I am in the same boat as majority of the people in this discussion. I was suppose to leave on Monday December 26 at 6 am and my flight was cancelled 30 minutes before departure while I was in line at the airport trying to get checked in. Then got another flight booked through the airport for another airport two hours away got there and that flight was then cancelled as well. I booked another flight through the new airport for Wednesday that is now cancelled as well. The southwest staff told every one at the airport in Charlotte to go home cancel and book yourself because they could not do it there but I knew from my first airport I was at that they could. People went home and could not even reach the website or call because the line is down. I was on the phone waiting 4 hours nothing and I see some people were on hold or 10+ hours. I have a job that I am now missing out on which I need to pay bills and my dog is alone since the sitter dropped him off Monday and went on vacation. I now have to drive over 14 hours to get myself home and spend more money that I do not have since they are turned into flight credits. I want all my light credits refunded to me as soon as possible this is ridiculous southwest. I know some things are out of your control but there's also a lot that is in your control like refunding our money not giving us flight credits. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Refund not a flight credit

dfwskier
Aviator A

You should be able to request a refund here:

https://www.southwest.com/traveldisruption/