Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund

Explorer C

I have been flying Southwest Airlines for a very long time and this is the first time I have to cancel a flight I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to someone to ask a question I understand there's no penalties against the flight but my flight total for want to get away Fair was two tickets for 575 but I don't see the $100 but I had to pay for early bird so I'm wondering am I going to get 675 back or 575 back and how do I know I'm going to get this charge back to my credit card or is this going to be in Flight Credit is there someone out there that can answer this question for me.....Ron 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Refund

bballflyer
Adventurer C
Solution

Unfortunately EarlBird check in isn't refundable unless SW cancels the flight;

This is from their website:

EarlyBird Check-In purchases are non-refundable. Customers who cancel their flight will forfeit the previously purchased EarlyBird Check-In option for that particular flight.

In the event that a flight is canceled by Southwest, we recognize that the decision was not within the Customer's control and will process a refund of the EarlyBird Check-In purchase on Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus fares for that particular flight in the Customer's itinerary. The purchaser's credit card will be refunded within seven business days. If you do not receive the EarlyBird Check-In refund in this time frame, then please contact us for further assistance.