Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW app glitch has costed me $75.00

Virgincraft
Explorer C

I've made several hotel reservations through the southwest app. When doing so it's reset the date on me to a date that I didn't  just input.  So several times I've had to cancel the reservations which in turn means I pay the cancelation fee. I spoke with management "Jaime" who accused me of lying, yelled at me, interrupted me, and spoke over me. This woman has had very little training on working with the public. Never have I experienced such bad customer service. 

Same day, it was actually within minutes of our 1st and only conversation she explained to me that she had reviewed my interactions with the app and there's no glitch. At this point I informed her I have video proof as my husband had recorded it. She asked me to send her my video, of which I did.  At this point I haven't received anything in regards to a refund of my cancelation fees.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SW app glitch has costed me $75.00

bec102896
Aviator A

When you book a hotel though southwest your not actually dealing with Southwest but instead a third party so calling southwest won’t help you would need to call southwest hotels (which is run by booking.com)

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@bec102896 wrote:

When you book a hotel though southwest your not actually dealing with Southwest but instead a third party so calling southwest won’t help you would need to call southwest hotels (which is run by booking.com)

@Virgincraft Try the following Southwest Hotels contact if there was an error in your booking:

concierge@southwesthotels.com
1-844-782-9792
773-770-4953

Travel Tip: Did you book the room more than 48 hours prior to the stay? If so, there should be some room options on the bookings result list that support free cancellation; I always select one of the "Free Cancellations" options even if it costs a few dollars more in case plans change, I book in error, or if I find a better deal. I also shop hotel rooms via Rocket Miles as they too use Bookings.com and have Rapid Reward bonus perks.

Virgincraft
Explorer C

I didn't know this until yesterday but it was apparently booking.com manager Jaime who behave in the manner. Unfortunately since I've already been treated so disgustingly by booking.com I'm hesitant to call again. I highly suggest southwest monitors booking.com in regards to how they treat there loyal members. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Virgincraft wrote:

I didn't know this until yesterday but it was apparently booking.com manager Jaime who behave in the manner. Unfortunately since I've already been treated so disgustingly by booking.com I'm hesitant to call again. I highly suggest southwest monitors booking.com in regards to how they treat there loyal members. 

Respectfully disagree - I think it's a great strategy to call back and try to get a new person to answer other than the person you talked to before. Classic approach to managing customer service. 

I wouldn't keep trying over and over, but where your first contact was so dreadful I'd say worth a second attempt.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.