Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

mmalone2
Explorer C

Southwest changed a flight and informed me via email that I could change it within 14 days at no additional charge. 

However, when trying to make the change on the website, it's charging me the additional points.  Looking at the forum, this is not the first time this has happened, so something needs to be programmed differently on the website to get this to work as Southwest states in its email.  

Also, the wait times are frankly, kinda nuts.  On my first try calling, I requested a call back - that was an option when I called this morning - and was grateful to get a call back about 45 minutes later from a Southwest colleague named Tammy.  I was delighted to speak with her, until the call cut out, about 30 seconds later.  I greatly wished she had been able to call me back, as I'm now on hold for **87 minutes** (really?!?), with apparently no option for call back.   And also, the automated you can do this online gets *real* tired after about the 8th time you hear it.  😕  If I could do this online, I wouldn't be tethered to my phone for the next 87 mins? Sigh.  Southwest, surprised, and hope you can get this issue resolved, and in the meantime, hoping Tammy or another of your great *live* reps is available soon. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

mmalone2
Explorer C
Solution

Okay, after just 52 minutes (much longer than optimal, but still), reached Steven (in San Antonio) and he fixed things!  Your live reps are **gold** - please continue to realize how *valuable* they are to the Southwest enterprise.   Also, the language in the "change email" is a little confusing.  I had interpreted it as within 14 days of the flight that Southwest had changed, but apparently it's from the date of the email.  That could be clearer, but again, greatly appreciated Steven's assistance! 

Re: SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's good you were able to make the changes.  To submit your feedback to Southwest use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat