Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Search for direct flights question

ptguard
Explorer C

we are retired, have a companion pass, & usually go somewhere about once a month.  many domestic routes usually have a direct flight option included.  we go to cancun 3-4 times a year & sometimes luck up to find direct flights there from our preferred airports (ATL & BNA).  is there a way other than by checking exact dates to search for days that have direct flights?  i always use the low fare calendar to book because we're always pretty flexible but it sure would be nice if there was a way to know which days direct flights are offered to places in the caribbean.  thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Search for direct flights question

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If there are certain routes that only have a non stop one or 2 days a week I find them to be Saturday or Sunday so first search a random weekday (say Wednesday) if you don’t see a non stop search Saturday/Sunday then if you see a non stop then you will know usually the only non stop for that route is day specific for the schedule then you can just search flights on that particular day of the week. I know it’s a little extra work but once you see the trend of a schedule you can usually figure out what days a certain flight operates during that schedule. 

You can also ask here and I’m sure some folks on here can help with telling you if a non stop from A to B exists. 

Re: Search for direct flights question

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

If there are certain routes that only have a non stop one or 2 days a week I find them to be Saturday or Sunday so first search a random weekday (say Wednesday) if you don’t see a non stop search Saturday/Sunday then if you see a non stop then you will know usually the only non stop for that route is day specific for the schedule then you can just search flights on that particular day of the week. I know it’s a little extra work but once you see the trend of a schedule you can usually figure out what days a certain flight operates during that schedule. 

You can also ask here and I’m sure some folks on here can help with telling you if a non stop from A to B exists. 

That's a good method @bec102896 unfortunately the online tool can't be limited by day of the week or season (MDW to PNS for instance only during warmer weather but I fly the route only in January).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.