Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Flight Schedule Change - not giving option to change

josap
Explorer C

In the past if SW changed your flight time, you were able to change your flight within 15 days of original flight date for free up to 2 times. Now when I login, it no longer gives that option. I have over 10 flights booked where they made a change and none of them are giving me this option.

Is this a glitch or is SW being shady and hoping people are too lazy to call customer service?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Southwest Flight Schedule Change - not giving option to change

dfwskier
Aviator A

i presume it is a gltich. Try again later.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Try calling customer service they can change them and possibly give an explanation as to why you can't do it online 

bec102896
Aviator A

I think it’s either a glitch or them changing the schedule change feature because some complained they were fine with a change but couldn’t reprice unless they changed flights twice 

also they might be fixing the fact you could actually change up to 4 weeks (2 changes 2 weeks each) 

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@josap wrote:

In the past if SW changed your flight time, you were able to change your flight within 15 days of original flight date for free up to 2 times. Now when I login, it no longer gives that option. I have over 10 flights booked where they made a change and none of them are giving me this option.

Is this a glitch or is SW being shady and hoping people are too lazy to call customer service?

Greetings Everybody-

I have a flight booked for later this fall and I received notification a couple of weeks ago that the return leg was rescheduled to depart 25 minutes earlier than originally scheduled. The email notification advised that the fight in question was eligible for the plus/minus 14-day change benefit with no fare difference but upon checking today, the following screen that normally appears when going through the Change Flight module does not show:

SW Change Flight.png

Upon clicking through the module, the new flight options within the plus/minus-14 day window of the same airport pairs posted a fare difference. 

I suspect this a technical glitch.

I would contact Customer Service directly if you need to rebook the flight and cannot wait until the problem is resolved.

Hope this helps.

bec102896
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 

So you get the change option but with a charge? I had like 6 flights all changed August-October all no longer have the free change waiver on them 

when I reached out on X they just asked what flights I want. I asked if it’s a glitch that the self service option disappeared they didn’t respond 

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@bec102896 wrote:

@SoCalFlyer97 

So you get the change option but with a charge? I had like 6 flights all changed August-October all no longer have the free change waiver on them 

when I reached out on X they just asked what flights I want. I asked if it’s a glitch that the self service option disappeared they didn’t respond 

That is correct. The "A Change Was Made" email instructs:

If your new itinerary won't work, you can change your flight date and/or time by up to 14 days from your original travel date at no additional cost. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to visit Southwest.com/rebook and enter your name and confirmation number.

Going to to link above and entering the flight credentials brings up the flight in question with an option to change the flight. Upon clicking the "Change" link, the module that shows appears identical to a routine Change Flight module where the difference in fare is posted.

mjcamm
Explorer C

Having the same issue on two flights.  Does anyone from Southwest ever read and respond on these posts? (first time posting here)

wkkunkle
Explorer C

Seeing the same behavior.

When viewing upcoming travel plans it used to say at the top about how they changed the schedule and you can change the flight two times for free.  That message is gone now both online and via mobile app.  Hope it’s just a glitch they get fixed (I don’t need or want to change right now but don’t want to lose that privilege if I need it).

pilotgirl21
Observer

I noticed the same today.  I'm going to have to call if it isn't fixed within a few days.