Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels Reservation is scam

manmohan73
Explorer C

I am seeing strange behavior nowadays. Hotels are saying they are not receiving payments from Southwest Hotels or in some cases no details. Its something they don't have proper process to pay to hotel. I contacted several times to customer service and poor guys they don't even understand that we are calling from Hotel lobby where hotels guys said they don't have reservation details or payment not recovied. They will kept you on hold to contact property and check where is the issue. they will try to get new Virtual card to make payments. The bottomline why I need to go thru this process. I am done now with Southwest Hotel. No more reservation with you guys in future. Its worst experience. We have so many other options.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest Hotels Reservation is scam

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@manmohan73 wrote:

I am seeing strange behavior nowadays. Hotels are saying they are not receiving payments from Southwest Hotels or in some cases no details. Its something they don't have proper process to pay to hotel. I contacted several times to customer service and poor guys they don't even understand that we are calling from Hotel lobby where hotels guys said they don't have reservation details or payment not recovied. They will kept you on hold to contact property and check where is the issue. they will try to get new Virtual card to make payments. The bottomline why I need to go thru this process. I am done now with Southwest Hotel. No more reservation with you guys in future. Its worst experience. We have so many other options.

Greetings!

This forum is customer-to-customer comprising of your fellow travelers. It appears a general statement is being made of the Southwest Hotels service powered through Booking.com.

I'm a frequent user of SW Hotels and utilze their pre-paid Points Plus Properties and the service is perfectly legit and by no means a scandal. Many other Southwest travelers use the service and are able to stock up on Companion Pass-qualifying Rapid Rewards Points.

I'm sorry if you experienced a "not found" situation with your reservation/payment not appearing in the hotel's system. Just so we can give you a better response, did you see and capture the confirmation information and receipt data on the "You're All Set" page once your reservation was made and did you receive your confirmation email plus the follow-up emails from SW Hotels with the correct dates and hotel address? 

Also, was the booking prepaid? If not, what time did you arrive to check in?...sometimes hotels will release any non-prepaid bookings around 8pm of the check-in date if they were not notified of a late arrival. I always elect to book pre-paid and have the booking paperwork handy in the event of a "not found" reservation. That way the desk clerks can better track down what happened.

One footnote: A "not found" pre-paid reservation happened to me last fall where I booked a hotel near ONT airport. After the clerk advised me that my name wasn't on their list, I gave them the reservation paperwork with the payment info. They got a hold of the SW Hotels Concierge and confirmed the hotel operator had relocated operations to the property where I was at but my reservation went to their old location which was operating under a different brand at the time of the stay; the clerk confirmed that I was booked at their older address; thus, I went over there and there was my reservation. That was the one and only time I ran into this issue.