Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest flights being shown on Google flights??

dfwskier
Aviator A

It appears so. If you pick Southwest flights to fly, Google Flights takes you  to southwest.com to complete the purchase.

But for the first time in a very long time, one can now compare Southwest's prices with those of other airlines in one place at one time..

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest flights being shown on Google flghts??

05bardic
Adventurer C

YESSSSSSS!!!! Thanks for the PSA, this is great!

Re: Southwest flights being shown on Google flghts??

bec102896
Aviator A

I’ve also noticed they show up on chase ultimate rewards now as well 

Re: Southwest flights being shown on Google flights??

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@dfwskier wrote:

It appears so. If you pick Southwest flights to fly, Google Flights takes you  to southwest.com to complete the purchase.

But for the first time in a very long time, one can now compare Southwest's prices with those of other airlines in one place at one time..

Thanks for the tip @dfwskier !

I took a first glance and I'll need to review this more in detail but now having a third-party means to price-check my SW flights is a real plus! Looks like it currently captures my area's current local as-low-as $59 sale too!

SW-Google-2.png

Being able to sort the results by departure time and setting your bag requirements in the filters is a real plus. 

SW-Google.png

Hopefully, its posted pricing doesn't pop this infamous message:

Low Fare Notice 2023-11-14 130132.png

That would mean having a "Low Fare Calendar" but with realtime pricing.

Filtered by SW Flights Only:

SW-Google-3-WN.png

Any Airline:

SW-Google-3.png

I'll have to take a look more in detail but this is a great tool at first glance!

Re: Southwest flights being shown on Google flights??

05bardic
Adventurer C

So this is curious... Some of the flights I've been looking at on Google Flights don't match up with the SW website. In this example, I've put one-way from SEA to MCO on 8/12. I've set both sites to sort by departure time, and the only filter I applied to Google is "Southwest only". Google is only showing 6 flights that day when SW shows 19, and the only flight on Google that matches any of the flights on SW is the one from 5:30am-7:10pm. I've stared at these monitors for 15 minutes trying to figure out where I made a mistake on the search entries and I can't find anything. Is there a simple user error that I'm missing, or is there a problem with the data?

05bardic_0-1717180562073.png

05bardic_1-1717180611035.png