Southwest's BIrthday Sale Apparently Starts on Monday June 10

dfwskier
Aviator A
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest's BIrthday Sale Apparently Starts on Monday June 10

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@dfwskier wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthwestAirlines/comments/1dbyque/southwest_birthday_sale_1018_june_2024/

Thanks for the tip! Saw the promo on SW's website today:

2024 BDAY.png

Just checked and repriced an existing booked trip from ONT to PHX for after Labor Day. Deal knocked off a whole $85 from the roundtrip bill but with a twist!

The offer didn't work for me when changing an existing flight via the Change Flight module. The original booking had to be cancelled to redeem via the Self Serve tools. The promo booking had to be done via a new flight and also through my mobile device (that's an interesting condition...). Doesn't work on the desktop and going to mobile.southwest.com on a desktop didn't cut it either!

Thankfully, got it done on my phone via the App! Getting all those screenshots of the pricing and confirmation details from the App and into my trip file saved on the cloud was a little bit of a chore but for $85-off...whining doesn't fly here!

Funny how Southwest told me "The Flight won't be the same without you" when I scrapped the original booking; so I rebooked!

Looking to get the rest of my fall trip lineup all booked and ready to go! Stay tuned!

And no...I didn't get the matching luggage from today's Birthday contest game...no worries though...Will try again tomorrow 🤞.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Arghhh -- and I can;t take advantage of it til after 8 pm. My phone stopped receiving cell data three days ago and the app doesn't work with wifi -- at least for me.

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@dfwskier wrote:

Arghhh -- and I can;t take advantage of it til after 8 pm. My phone stopped receiving cell data three days ago and the app doesn't work with wifi -- at least for me.

Well I guess playing the contest game and getting one bag with flip-flops and the other with a camera...

BDAY Game.png

...now allowed me to book my remaining BDAY promo flights on my desktop now instead of mobile-only 😊

BDAY-50.png

BDAY-50-2.png

Okay...I don't think the contest game had anything to do with the device policy change from yesterday but being able to book the promo flights on my desktop makes it much easier for SoCalFlyer97 to utilize BDAY!

05bardic
Adventurer C

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

...now allowed me to book my remaining BDAY promo flights on my desktop now instead of mobile-only 😊

Okay...I don't think the contest game had anything to do with the device policy change from yesterday but being able to book the promo flights on my desktop makes it much easier for SoCalFlyer97 to utilize BDAY!

Yesterday's mobile/app only was an "Early Access" to today's sale that can be booked via web 😊

05bardic_0-1718134376201.png