Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stopped Receiving Emails from my account

Bldrflyer
Explorer C

My wife has recently stopped being able to receive emails from SW to her hotmail account e.g. receipts, itineraries, marketing etc.  We checked her junk file, blocked sender, and also added SW to her safe sender and safe mailing lists.  I've had several troubleshooting calls with Microsoft and they do not see anything wrong on their side.  This seems like something that the IT department at Southwest should be able to at least research.  Anyone else experienced this issue and gotten it resolved?  I searched this community forum and it appears that this issue has been experienced by other SW customers.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Stopped Receiving Emails from my account

dfwskier
Aviator A

Perhaps she could use a different e-mail service. One can get free e-mail service from g-mail, yahoo  and AT&T -- and probably others.

Or maybe she could use yours

Bldrflyer
Explorer C

So the workaround I implemented was to create another hotmail account, set it up to forward emails to my wife's email, and then add the new email account to her profile as her primary address.  Just crazy that you have to do that to receive emails about tickets that you have paid SWA for.   

As another aside, she does not have an issue receiving emails about flight delays from SWA

bec102896
Aviator A

I never get the rapid reward statement emails but I get every other type of email and unfortunately SW hasn’t figured out the issue 

you can try having your wife unsubscribe from all emails then resubscribe and maybe that will fix the issue as sometimes you might accidentally hit the unsubscribe link on the email when scrolling