Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using the App

HVACREFERGUY
Explorer A

Is anyone having problems making reservations on the App? I’m getting notices and being logged out when I try to purchase a flight. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using the App

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@HVACREFERGUY wrote:

Is anyone having problems making reservations on the App? I’m getting notices and being logged out when I try to purchase a flight. 

Hola!

I never like giving out an "it depends" response but this symptom could be from a variety of causes.

I would first verify that the operating system of your mobile device is running the current system version and that the SW App is fully up-to-date running the current version. Also if you're on a Wi-Fi network, verify if the network you're using isn't restricting traffic to the SW App. Sometimes network VPN's can interfere with the App's performance. If you're on a standard mobile network, make sure you have a stable connection.

If you're still experiencing trouble or have difficulty troubleshooting this, you can always try logging into your Rapid Rewards account at Southwest.com via the web browser on your device where you can book and manage flights from there.

Hope this helps!

bec102896
Aviator A

Gotta love technology

It looks as though Southwest had some technology issues today due to a server crashing due to a power outage, this has been causing some extra flight delays and App/website issues. Hopefully those issues should be fixed now so you might try again but I did see lots of reports of issues earlier today. 

HVACREFERGUY
Explorer A

Thank you. I was able to log in later in the day.