Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Utilizing Flight Credit for Passengers

Ali1151
Explorer C

I have $700 in transferable flight credit. I'm looking to book travel for myself and two passengers (3 round trips) and the total cost is almost exactly the amount of transferrable credit I have. When I applied the credit to my booking, it only applied to my flight. How do I transfer partial credit to each of the other two passengers to cover their flights?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Utilizing Flight Credit for Passengers

epcot
Adventurer C

You’ll need to book individually and then transfer the remainder of the credit. It can only be applied one passenger at a time and only the the passenger whose account it is currently in.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@epcot wrote:

You’ll need to book individually and then transfer the remainder of the credit. It can only be applied one passenger at a time and only the the passenger whose account it is currently in.

If this was the result of a Wanna Get Away Plus fare then I'd need clarification from @epcot how it works.

Each person would be assigned the credit and then make their own booking.

The credit can be transferred one time.

I'm not sure about the logistics of transferring only a portion of the credit and whether it could be distributed to two separate people or not.

I think what @epcot is saying is that you book your own flight then you can transfer the remaining credit to the new person. Then they book their flight, then can they transfer the remaining amount?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

epcot
Adventurer C

That is indeed what I’m saying! Book for yourself, then transfer the remaining credit. Once that’s booked, transfer the remaining credit onward and repeat.

I suppose what the original poster could do is book however as many itineraries as they have people (for a similarly priced flight) then cancel, and end up with however many credits they need.

Example: I have $300 transferable credit. I book the flight I need for $100. I then make 2 separate $100 bookings on other flights, and refund those to a transferable flight credit. Now I have one correct flight and two $100 transferable credits instead of one $300 credit.