Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ABQ TO LGA

criley
Explorer C

Hello all - anyone might be able to tell me why flights to LGA are so high the second week of October? Specifically the 9th-10th. All other weeks/days appear to have lower fares. Just thought I would ask. I was going to wait another week for Wanna Go Wednesdays to see if the prices go down. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ABQ TO LGA

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would imagine the ABQ Balloon Festival might have someting to do with that.

Re: ABQ TO LGA

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@criley wrote:

Hello all - anyone might be able to tell me why flights to LGA are so high the second week of October? Specifically the 9th-10th. All other weeks/days appear to have lower fares. Just thought I would ask. I was going to wait another week for Wanna Go Wednesdays to see if the prices go down. 

Greetings!

I echo @dfwskier 

Likely a major event. Last November when the F1 Race was in LAS, short-haul airfares from SAN and back where several hundred dollars each way where on other days during the week, they can be as low as $39-59 each way.

SW flights/fares now appear on Kayak and Google Flights. I would utilize these tools in conjunction with SW's Low Fare Finder to monitor the market. For now, I would not wait and book your travel now. That is in case fares continue to increase or the flight fills up and lower fare WGA options become unavailable. In contrast, if the fares drop through a sale like WGA Wednesday or any other low fare sale, you can always rebook/reprice your reservation at the sale price and collect a credit to use later.

Hope this helps!