Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Best Deal in Arport Food That I've Seen in a While

dfwskier
Aviator A

F.a.t. Guys Burger Bar - Tulsa Intl. AP (censor casued me to use periods to post this - ridiculous)

Double meat burger with choice of 14 toppings, regular fries that would be a large anywhere else. Total price including tax $12.41.

And the burger was pretty good, too. Not the healthiest food one should eat, but if you only do ir occasionally, it probsbly won't k.i.l.l. you (censor caused me to use periods here too)

20240130_151012.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Best Deal in Arport Food That I've Seen in a While

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Maybe phat. 😁 And yes I would order that should I find myself back in TUL.

I  had one last week that was innocent in context of the post but excerpting just the two words the algorithm flagged it for salaciousness. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@dfwskier wrote:

F.a.t. Guys Burger Bar - Tulsa Intl. AP (censor casued me to use periods to post this - ridiculous)

Double meat burger with choice of 14 toppings, regular fries that would be a large anywhere else. Total price including tax $12.41.

And the burger was pretty good, too. Not the healthiest food one should eat, but if you only do ir occasionally, it probsbly won't k.i.l.l. you (censor caused me to use periods here too)

Thanks for sharing! Too bad this burger place isn't at SAN...or ONT. Those burgers look good for the buck!

My little story on airport food: Back when Jack in the Box had the Grande Sausage Burrito, I managed to get that 1040 calorie breakfast grub for about $6.20 at SAN which kept the stomach full through late afternoon. Great price considering I'm at the airport. Their current meatlovers burrito is 810 calories but is now pricing near the $7.00 range at SAN. That's still a pretty decent price for airport food considering the calorie count is still high but I now usually get my breakfast offsite before coming to SAN...Can't have Jack in the Box every time.

By the way, while we're on the subject of censor bots, just today I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why a reply post to the electric scooter discussion thread was being auto-rejected and flagged for spam shortly after posting. I went through all the reference links in my post to make sure they were clean; I kept checking my choice of wording but the bot constantly rejected my post with no reason other than "This reply has been flagged for spam". With a tip from @DancingDavidE I found out the flag was simply because I included SW's own Customer Service Phone Number in the reply which I found to be very strange. Unfortunately, as good as the automated technology is, I've lost count of the number of false-positives I've encountered using AI and automated analytics, especially when going through self-checkout at the grocery store. SW in my opinion does a great job in balancing the self-service tools with an outstanding team of CSA's because compassion in my opinion is what drives the success of the airline, something that AI lacks. Same can be said for the leadership on this discussion board and for airport restaurants like the burger place that appears to be looking out for their customers and not just their financial analytics.  

If I see any other decent and value airport restaurants when abroad, I'll be sure to share them here on my trip reports.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Meanwhile I just flagged several real scammers posting a false number for people to call and which must not have been flagged. A Google search turns it up all over the internet for all other airlines so someone is being aggressive in their scam.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.