Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking Discrepancy: Need Assistance from Fellow Travelers

RubyGrace
Explorer C

I've run into a bit of a snag with my Southwest Airlines booking and was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I recently made a reservation for a flight, and upon checking the details, I noticed a discrepancy between my booking confirmation and the flight itinerary displayed on the website.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Booking Discrepancy: Need Assistance from Fellow Travelers

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did the airline notify you of a change?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@RubyGrace wrote:

I've run into a bit of a snag with my Southwest Airlines booking and was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I recently made a reservation for a flight, and upon checking the details, I noticed a discrepancy between my booking confirmation and the flight itinerary displayed on the website.

I've never had this happen to the point of discrepancy. I typically doublecheck the "Select Flights" page as departure date draws closer to price check and to get somewhat of an idea of whether any of the flights may be getting closer to being full but my originally booked flights would still be there.  

However, I've noticed that sometimes Southwest may stop selling seats to any given flight as departure date approaches and may either pull the sales option from the "Select Flights" page or show "Unavailable" for all the fare classes. That was the case when I had to take a trip on the Monday after Tropical Storm Hillary passed through SoCal...After Southwest posted the Travel Advisory for the storm, all of the morning flights for Mon 8/21 were no longer showing on the "Select Flights" list for my trip and many of the afternoon flights became "Unavailable" shortly thereafter. I'm assuming there was a likelihood of these flights being canceled.

Also, whenever I doublecheck my bookings before finalizing the transaction, there have been a couple of times where I caught myself picking the wrong date or times and had to go back to the "Select Flights" or even the fare calendar page to fix. Sometimes, I'll see different times showing for different dates...and of course different fares.

Anyway, I would doublecheck this again and if you still notice a discrepancy, I would give Customer Service a ring just to be sure. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@RubyGrace wrote:

If you have your booking confirmation in your hand and it shows one set of information and then you go online and it shows just slightly different information, then they have made a schedule update that had a minimal impact on you.

For any significant change they would have sent you a notification of the change and allow you to choose another flight if you wanted to. 

So I think 1) discrepancy is possible if they tweaked the schedule since you bought it, and 2) if the change doesn't work for you or you want another flight go ahead and ask them to change it. There would have been an automated message to self-service your change if it was a big modification - I forget the threshold but "arrives more than an hour later" or adds connections, etc.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

normal not alone