Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Oh Canada! time for SW to fly North (or buy Canadian carrier)

Dfwguy
Explorer B

It is long overdue for SW to fly to Canada. I'm not buying the 'official' position that it has to do with currency conversion. Sounds more like some undiscussed Governmental pressure to keep SW out of Canada?  Now would be the time for SW to buy one of the Canadian carriers for instant access to Canada

1 REPLY 1

Re: Oh Canada! time for SW to fly North (or buy Canadian carrier)

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Dfwguy wrote:

It is long overdue for SW to fly to Canada. I'm not buying the 'official' position that it has to do with currency conversion. Sounds more like some undiscussed Governmental pressure to keep SW out of Canada?  Now would be the time for SW to buy one of the Canadian carriers for instant access to Canada

I agree that there is a key growth opportunity for SW to enter into the Canadian market, especially during the summer months. Any reported currency conversion issues or IT limitations should be addressed in my opinion.

It doesn't hurt to email or DM SW via Twitter/X your suggestion as this message board is customer-to-customer. I would include the two city pairs you wish to see SW serve in your letter or post.

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us