Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Return trip from Punta Cana

Niki_G
Explorer C

I'm trying to find a round trip flight from New York state (on June 27th) to Punta Cana, returning on July 5, 2024. Every time I search I only get flights to Punta Cana and and error message for the return flight. Why is that?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Return trip from Punta Cana

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Niki_G wrote:

I'm trying to find a round trip flight from New York state (on June 27th) to Punta Cana, returning on July 5, 2024. Every time I search I only get flights to Punta Cana and and error message for the return flight. Why is that?

If the flight from Punta Cana is leaving later in the day it may be hard to get a connection back to NY allowing enough time for customs, etc.

Which NY airports are you considering?

Can you use the low-fare finder to see if moving travel by a day would work if there is a different schedule on other days of the week?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Niki_G
Explorer C

I'm looking to fly out of either Buffalo or Rochester. I did check the low fare calendar. And, it just had an X over July 5th. I even checked flying out of Cleveland, but dame thing. Unfortunately, I may have to give up my discount and use another airline as I don't have the money to extend my vacation another day. Thanks!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Niki_G wrote:

I'm looking to fly out of either Buffalo or Rochester. I did check the low fare calendar. And, it just had an X over July 5th. I even checked flying out of Cleveland, but dame thing. Unfortunately, I may have to give up my discount and use another airline as I don't have the money to extend my vacation another day. Thanks!

There must be a scaled back schedule on the 4th and 5th to/from PUJ, probably the planes are needed on domestic routes for holiday travel.

How's PIT for you?

DancingDavidE_0-1710432184357.png

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@Niki_G wrote:

There must be a scaled back schedule on the 4th and 5th to/from PUJ, probably the planes are needed on domestic routes for holiday travel.

How's PIT for you?

DancingDavidE_0-1710432184357.png

These are the non-stops from PUJ, so you'd be connecting in one of these.

You could also try booking one-way to PUJ, and then "multi-city" on the return way back to get from PUJ through one of these cities, to BUF or ROC. There could be some combinations that open up that aren't on the pre-packaged list of destinations from PUJ.

Also if it was acceptable you might overnight on a multi-city route coming home in BWI for instance instead of staying in PUJ for an extra day, and get back earlier to BUF/ROC.

The graphic below is selecting PUJ as the origin and then checking non-stops to see which cities are directly connected with PUJ. This will show ROC/BUF as options for connections which don't work for you since this map is for all days, not date specific to the fifth which doesn't have service for some reason. *All of these non-stops might not be available on your date either, but there must be at least one open to get you to PIT, hopefully something convenient to BUF or ROC pops up.

DancingDavidE_1-1710432549793.png