Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Are you ready to take flight? The Flight Attendant position opens soon!

Chiggins
Explorer C

I am not sure what happened.  I uploaded my resume, answered all questions, submitted and was greeted with a page that said you applied with hearts or something similar.  It said click to go to the next page but there was nothing to click.  My candidate portal is up to date as far as I know. Bi never got a button to update it.  Since I received the page that said thank you, you applied with hearts I assumed all was good but I never received confirmation email and no applications show on my candidate page.

cbello5
Explorer A

Hi, thanks for trying to assist others in this process.  My Profile page says NO APPLICATIONS were submitted.  I know I submitted on time a month ago.  Do you have any ideas to what may have occurred or any emails to employees that I may consult?

Thank you,

Christi

Ryanskis2024
Explorer B

Best of luck to everyone applying!  

sncr23
Explorer C

Thank you for your quick reply concerning problems some of us encountered submitting the application. I was able to go back into the application, complete it and submit it. After submission, it said would take me to the next page (Candidate Home). Although that didnt work- I was able to go to the Candidate Home page on my own. I noticed that it is not showing the application yet. Will that show up later? I just wanted to make sure that it submitted properly because of the problems that many of us had earlier. I also wanted to update my name to match my passport (need to include my middle name) but it will only allow a change of my email. Please advise. Thank you!

rjskinner
Explorer A

Same issue; unable to update anything in my Candidate Home account other than email address...No other buttons display.

Kbrennan
Explorer C

Same issue.  Did not update on candidate home page and need to change name to match passport 

Shelli
Explorer B

Select Candidate Home 

Scroll down to My Account

Select Update Contact Information

You will be able to change your contact information.

Good Luck to you on your journey!

Smelson42
Explorer C

Hello, I have applied for the position but i haven’t got a confirmation sent to my email or candidate profile, should i be worried or does it take time to appear?

lutherblankss
Explorer C

@adrienneb wrote:

230724_Cropped Flight Crew-2.jpg

We're excited to share that we’re accepting applications for the Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 26, and expect the application window to close no later than 1:00 p.m. CT. ​​​​​​

If you’re interested, here's how you can prepare to apply:​​​​​​​  

• Create or update your Candidate Home Profile account. For the Flight Attendant position, your profile information must match your passport exactly. Confirm your Candidate Home Profile reflects your full legal name, including all first, middle, and last names included on your passport or legal documents.  
  • While not required to apply or interview, you must possess a valid, unexpired passport book as a Flight Attendant. You may want to begin the passport application process if you don't already have one.
  • Update your resume for your application and visit our Knowledge Base on the Southwest Community for helpful tips on tailoring your resume to a specific job

Our application and interview process: 

• On the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 26, search for the Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position on careers.southwestair.com and review the description and requirements of the role. If you’d like to apply, fill out the application and questionnaire carefully and accurately, as you can’t edit later.
  • You'll receive an email within one week of applying to confirm your application submission. Double check that your email address is accurate when submitting your application, as you'll also receive other email updates from our Team. Monitor your inbox and junk/spam folders so you don’t miss important updates.
  • Our Inflight Recruiting Team reviews applications in the order received and invites each qualified Candidate to speak with them. With high interest and  applications, this process takes many months to complete.
  • We'll review and invite Candidates to interview as early as October, with most interviews taking place throughout 2024.

For more information about the Flight Attendant position, visit our Flight Attendant page and explore our Flight Attendant FAQs

The Southwest Community is a great place to share excitement and connect with fellow Candidates also stick to polymer rules. We'd dedicated this Discussion Forum for status updates and details of the posting throughout the day on Sept. 26. **While our Careers Team won't be responding to individual questions, we'd love to hear from you as you prepare to apply!**

**Tuesday, Sept. 26 Updates:**

8:45 a.m. CT - Good morning, y'all! The Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position is officially posted and accepting applications! Check out the details of the Flight Attendant position and submit your application here: swa.is/Sept26FlightAttendant

10:10 a.m. CT - So sorry for any recent difficulties locating the Flight Attendant position on our career site! We've added a banner to our home page that leads directly to the posting!

Applied hope for best.  And Good Luck to those who selected.

bryanriley2020
Explorer C

Hello, 

I just applied and was told I don't meet the minimum requirements. Is this an error? I am currently a Flight Attendant for another airlines and they have similar requirements. 

Nathaniel B. Riley