Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CS&S hire timeframe

favalos08
Explorer C

I completed my background/drug test in June and spoke with my recruiter who said I should hear from the recruiting coordinator next but it’s been a month and I haven’t heard back. Has anyone experienced this? What would my next step be? Do I wait for a email saying in 100% cleared to start? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CS&S hire timeframe

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @favalos08

Congratulations on your contingent job offer! So excited for you! 

After you complete the background screening step, our Coordinating Team works to get you in to a training class. There are lot of moving parts and a lot of Candidates getting worked in, so it may take some time for or our Team to place you and follow up with all the necessary details. Hang tight, and you'll get an update email soon! 

favalos08
Explorer C

Thank you for the response! My screening coordinator said that I had passed the background screening portion and should expect to hear from the recruiting coordinator. Is that where you show me on the application tracker? I’m so worried about missing something or not getting a correspondence and missing a deadline. 

KTate8418
Explorer B

Yes, I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I was told by my recruiter that my official offer letter was sent on 06/29, as of today 07/28 I've yet to receive it.  I've correspond with his Lead Recruiters as he recommended as was told the following:

Good Afternoon Kammy,

Thank you for your patience during the hiring process. Our applicant tracking system moved you to the next step in the process which is “official offer”, but official offer has been emailed.  Official offers for CS&S are not emailed to candidates until we have a confirmed start date/training class.  The August training class is filled so the recruiting coordinators will reach out as soon as possible.

Thank you,

CS&S

KTate8418_0-1690573416203.png

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.

Needless to say I'm not even sure what this even meant, and this is the email response I was emailed on 7/25 from whom I understand to be a Lead Recruiter.