Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Clarification on Multiple Job Applications

paulkirklandii
Explorer C

My wife, a passionate advocate of this organization, has been encouraging me to consider opportunities at Southwest. Intrigued by her experiences, I decided to explore available positions that align with my skills and experiences.

To my disappointment, a role that I believed I could contribute significantly to was no longer available by the time I had tailored my resume for the application. This was a disheartening experience and left me quite conscious of the possibility of missing out on other exciting opportunities within Southwest.

Determined not to let another suitable role pass by, I decided to be proactive. Over the past week, I've submitted applications for three positions that I believe my skills and experiences could provide value. My intention was not to appear desperate but rather to demonstrate my enthusiasm and versatile suitability for the roles in question.

If necessary, I am open to withdrawing some of my applications.

I'm eager to understand how such a situation is perceived from Southwest's hiring perspective. I hope to set the right tone and not make a horrible impression

1 REPLY 1

Re: Clarification on Multiple Job Applications

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey, @paulkirklandii

There is no harm in submitting applications to multiple opportunities! In fact, we encourage you to stay updated on the available options, as you never know when an opening will catch your interest. 

We're so honored that both you and your Wife would consider Southwest a prospective place to work! You're lucky to have such a cheerleader in your corner. Hopefully you can have the Southwest Family added to your family of cheerleaders in your corner, too! Keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk/spam folders too - just in case!) for an update just as soon as our Recruiting Teams have one to share for the positions you've applied to. 
Best of luck!