Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Conflicting Requirements

rs_2023
Explorer C

Hi, I had applied to the R-2023-38408 position. 
The position listing states: 

• This role is offered as a remote workplace position, which may require travel for trainings, meetings, conferences, etc. Outside of those required visits, the majority of your working time may be spent in a remote location, away from our Corporate Campus. Please note, while this is a remote position, there is limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work off-site. Those ineligible locations are:Alaska, Delaware, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.  

I do not live in any of those states. Later in the application process, there is a question about living in a list of states (which includes the ones above and more). I live in one of the states that appeared on that question, but not in the list on the job description. I answered the question as it was worded, that I live in one of the states above and wouldn’t relocate. My application was rejected immediately upon submission. I wanted to notify the team of this conflict, as I seemingly met the job criteria as it was posted, but the listing requirements aren’t consistent with the application questions. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Conflicting Requirements

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Good morning! 

Thanks so much for reaching out and relaying this experience! Our Team reviewed the posting for the System Engineer on our Virtualization Engineering Team, and we apologize for the confusion surrounding the eligible/ineligible locations for remote work. We are working to correct the error now, but the shorter list of states were the only ones ineligible (Alaska, Delaware, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming). 

We've reactivated your application since you mentioned not living in the shorter list of states, and you're back in consideration for the opportunity. The Recruiting Team will reach out with updates in the next week or so.

Thank you *so* much for making us aware, Ryan, and for your interest in a career with Heart! 

rs_2023
Explorer C

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Anytime! Best of luck! 💙❤️💛