Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service Remote Position

MeMC
Explorer B

Hello,

I created a profile and uploaded my resume successfully to the website the day before the remote customer service position posted. I assumed by doing this it would allow me to complete the application faster as my resume is now on file. I like many others could not upload my resume the day the job posted due to an error. I knew immediately it was because of the amount of traffic on the website. I decided to enter my information manually to complete the process. Chrome produced an error and Firefox allowed me to complete half the application before it started to buffer non stop. As a last resort I tried the MS Edge browser and was able to complete the application. Is it common for Southwest Airlines not to send an auto response confirming your application was submitted? I’ve checked my email, spam folder, and the dashboard daily and it shows nothing. My sister and I completed our applications less than 5 minutes a part. She received email confirmation almost immediately, her information is showing on the dashboard, and she received a 2nd email yesterday for the next step that took place today. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Customer Service Remote Position

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

You should have a response by now. Those of us whose applications went through, we received a response advising of the next step or advising that we were not qualified.

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Continue to be patient. Those emails should still be trickling out, and SW will email those whom they need resumes from. Don't let the other responses wreck your nerves, and do not compare your journey to others! Every person who has applied has a very different story, even though we have all gone through the same process. We are all here to support and uplift. Stay positive and good luck!

MeMC
Explorer B

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

It looks like there was some sort system issues, and you ARE NOT ALONE! The recruiters reach out in different ways. For 1 job I applied for I received an email, for another job, same job title different city, I received a phone call. Check around on the community and look for green .  Some community questions are getting answered by SWA employees.  You will be able to see an answer from the true source. Keep trying, if nothing else, you apply for another job that interests you. Good luck! 

MeMC
Explorer B

Thank you for your response. 

BNCampbell
Adventurer C

@MeMC I hope I didn't come across as discouraging as that definitely was not my intent. We're all here praying for grace and mercy and I'm cheering for us all. I only answered based off what I've seen in here and on Tiktok regarding the first batch of responses that went out. I hope you have a good weekend and pls remember that I never intending on giving an ill response.

MeMC
Explorer B

No worries. I understand.

MeMC
Explorer B

Update… I have yet to receive any form of communication from Southwest Airlines via email. I’ve checked my dashboard, email and spam everyday since applying for the position. I’m assuming most have received some form of communication by now whether it was an invite to take the next step or a denial. I’m going to assume at this point that they didn’t receive my application due to the amount of traffic and/or website technical issues. It’s disappointing as I planned weeks in advance and was excited about applying for the position. On the brighter side, my sister who applied at the same time as myself has an interview. Best of luck to everyone. I wish you all  the best!

Jamile94
Adventurer C

Hey. Don’t be discouraged or assume the worse. At the info session they said they received over 20000 applications and they would start communicating the first week of July. I was also advised that if your application says in process it is still processing. Some people have already received denials. Just stay optimistic keep your head up and shake all the disappointing thoughts. I to have been checking my email all day every day and checking the portal as well. You’re not alone. There’s a lot of us that have not heard back as yet, but like they said they are sorting through a lot of applications and it can take some time.