Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

D225 Timing Question

AT737
Explorer C

Hello,

I am in the application process for the D225 University Pathway, and I just received the invoice from CAE. Will there be time for me to join the program since I am due to graduate in December?
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: D225 Timing Question

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, !  

Thanks so much for reaching out about our University Pathway through the Destination 225° program. It may be helpful to check out the pre-flig...

To participate in the university pathway, you must: 
  • Be able to obtain an FAA First-Class Medical Certificate 
  • Have successfully completed your Private Pilots License check ride 
  • Be enrolled in a professional flight degree program under the school of aviation/aeronautics at a university partner, or be a current or former Southwest Airlines Campus Reach Intern  
  • Have completed your freshman year and have your Private Pilots License at the university partner 
  • Have a current and complete log book 
  • Have or be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the U.S. 
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalency  
  • Possess a valid driver’s license 
  • Be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without the need for company sponsorship of an employment-based visa now or in the future 
  • Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application 
  • Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English 
  • Maintain any physical requirements necessary to complete new and ongoing Pilot training throughout the duration of the Destination 225° program 
  • Be able to pass the prescreening requirements needed for employment at Southwest Airlines (e.g. drug testing and background check) 
  • Be able to relocate for the duration of the program and future job opportunities 
  • Demonstrate the ability to pay out-of-pocket or secure financing for costs incurred during the time in the pathway

If you're set to graduate in December and you don't have these things, our Cadet Pathway may be more of what you're looking for! This pathway has no background requirements, and you start from the ground up! 

@AT737

AT737
Explorer C

I am currently a student at MTSU. I have my CPL-ASEL and AMEL, as well as my CFI. I want to make sure I'm not too late in the game to join the program.

Thank you

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

That's great! Are you enrolled in a professional flight degree program under the school of aviation/aeronautics at MTSU?

AT737
Explorer C

Yes, I will be graduating from their Pro-Pilot degree program in mid-December. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you, @AT737!

I did some digging, and we want to get you in contact with someone on the Destination 225° Team! Landry is part of that Team, and she is more than happy to lend a hand. Email her at Landry.Henthorne@wnco.com.