Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Didn't Meet Min. Requirements?

dwolfe76
Explorer C

Hello! I submitted an application for a Customer Service Agent and immediately got denied due to not meeting the minimum requirements. I saw another discussion that I might have accidentally answered a question incorrectly so I attempted to apply again with another email, verifying all my answers were correct and got denied again for the same reason.

Is there any way to check on this for both applications as I feel I'm more than qualified for the position?

Thanks is advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Didn't Meet Min. Requirements?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did the job require you to currently live in a certain state?

Did you answer yes to "are you eligible to   work in the US.?

Did you have to agree to training some where for some duration of time?

Answering those types of questions wrong will yield an instant rejection.

dwolfe76
Explorer C

I selected that I live in the city they have the position for, am authorized to work in the US, and am willing to travel for training. I know for a fact that I answered correctly each time as I'm always meticulous on my answers with job applications. Now I received an email on both emails that my application is now being reviewed by recruiters. So now I'm not sure if the automatic rejection email is being sent out to some people by mistake? 🤔

AdamS
Explorer A

Totally agree

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @dwolfe76

So sorry for the confusion with your recent El Paso Customer Service Agent applications! There was an error on our end, that was accidentally disqualifying your application. Our Recruiting Team went in and double checked the Candidates who applied, and moved y'all back into the review process if you were affected by that error. Your application is still in the review stage, and I'm hopeful our Recruiting Team will be able to connect with you soon and get to know you better for that role! 

Keep an eye on your email inbox (and any junk/spam folders - just in case) for additional updates to come! Thanks for hanging in there through that error - and for your interest in joining our Southwest Family! ✈️

dwolfe76
Explorer C

@adrienneb

Thank you so much for the clarification! I figured something like that might have happened but thank you all so much for getting all that situated and corrected and for giving me the update. I truly appreciate it and hope to hear from y'all soon!! 😁