Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Extremely frustrated and disappointed at no longer being considered for a position at Southwest

Lazuras1993
Explorer C

I’ve been applying for a Ramp Position since November of 2022 and have never made it as far as I’ve recently have due to always being denied before ever getting an interview.

I was FINALLY given an interview after my third try applying in a year. I did great on my phone interview where I was told to come in for a face to face interview. I went in for the face to face interview this past Thursday August 17th where I felt I did great. Everyone who interviewed me had a smile on their face and even laughed a few times during the interview and it was just a really positive experience where I just knew I was going to get an offer.

Just last night I received the same email I’ve been getting for the past year saying that Southwest has moved on in the hiring process and I’m no longer under consideration. This has been absolutely CRUSHING to say the least as this is the farthest I’ve gotten in this process. I’m extremely frustrated at what went wrong and why I wasn’t chosen.

By no means is this a post to bash on Southwest but I just can’t believe this. I hope I can get another chance in the future. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Extremely frustrated and disappointed at no longer being considered for a position at Southwest

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Ugh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure this is for the best, and a more exciting position in the same area/field will arise soon. Wishing you the best of luck! 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Re: Extremely frustrated and disappointed at no longer being considered for a position at Southwest

danielvest00
Adventurer C

First of all, I'm sorry to hear you did not get the position you were looking for. I can relate. I've been trying to land a role for a long while. It can be frustrating on many levels. However, it is a company that I really want to work for and I will keep applying. If you keep knocking on doors, one will eventually open. Just stay positive! I wish you luck!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Lazuras1993

So sorry to hear that your application didn't work out as hoped for this time around. That LAX Ramp Agent position (R-2023-29676) received over 600 applications, and that makes for a competitive interview process. Of course, we aren't always able to get to all applications when we receive that many, but I'm so glad our Team was able to meet you and get to know you & your interest a bit better! Thanks so much for coming out to meet some of the Team and spend some time with us. 

There are many more opportunities to join us in the Los Angeles area and beyond (and many positions on the horizon, too!), and we'd love for you to continue considering us as a prospective employer! It sounds like you've got the passion for Southwest and our operation, and I'm certainly rooting for you to land a career with Heart!