Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Help New Flight Attendant Questions

Allyspa1
Explorer C

Hello so I have been considering becoming a flight attendant but have no experience at all and was wondering wher the best place to start is. I realize applications are closed currently but was wondering if there’s anything that could be done in the meantime. I know this is a field where experience is greatly valued so is it most beneficial for someone with none to just apply at all airlines and start getting some experience under way? I am definitely aware that a career with Southwest is far fetched but just needing some guidance for now. Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help New Flight Attendant Questions

krey1212
Adventurer C

Hi Allyspa1

I am not a SWA employee.  I feel alot of the experiance comes with job training but most of all customer service and wantig to be around other people.  When you are traveling observe the flight attendants that are serving you and take a mental note of hey I would like to do what that employee is doing if I were to pursue this career in the future.  I find that has been one of my driving forces and what has made me love and want a career as a FA.  Good Luck in your future endevours.

Re: Help New Flight Attendant Questions

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Allyspa1,

Thank you for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! Any experience you can gain in Customer Service roles will be beneficial to preparing you for this role. Although there is not one specific path that people take to prepare to become a Flight Attendant with us, any way that you can invest in your Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and Fun-LUVing Attitude will prepare you for a Career at Southwest Airlines. You can find more information about the requirements of the role by clicking on the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post.

Kelby
Southwest Careers