Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

High School Internship

derrickharriott
Explorer C

I am a senior in High School  named Derrick I was interested when  hearing about the southwest internship and how it had been spreading to other states I researched and saw that it was in Tampa, Florida now which is about an hour drive from me and I just wanted to Know what can I do to get more information when can I get signed up who can I talk to about more information on the topic.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: High School Internship

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@derrickharriott wrote:

I am a senior in High School  named Derrick I was interested when  hearing about the southwest internship and how it had been spreading to other states I researched and saw that it was in Tampa, Florida now which is about an hour drive from me and I just wanted to Know what can I do to get more information when can I get signed up who can I talk to about more information on the topic.

Hello! I would check out:

https://careers.southwestair.com/K-12resources

This page has a bunch of resources for students. I would also fill out the "Let's Connect" form. About 2/3 down this page, there's some high school job opportunities posted. The actual internship program appears to takes place during the summer. Not sure when applications open for this period but the page suggests checking back. Again, I would will out the "Let's Connect" form.

Best wishes in your future career with Southwest!

Re: High School Internship

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @derrickharriott!

Thanks so much for your interest in Southwest Internships! 

This resource was provided below, but it really is super helpful - careers.southwestair.com/K-12resources. We do our very best to keep it updated with the latest & greatest information. 

Our High School Internships are during the summers, and we'll have more information to share about our Summer 2024 High School Internships in the spring! Depending on this summer's internship requirements, the program may be eligible to just rising high school juniors and seniors. If you're set to graduate prior to those summer 2024 High School Internships, you may not be eligible, but you could explore our career opportunities or College Internship opportunities!