Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring Process

kjdesantiago
Explorer C

Hello,

I love southwest Airlines and hope to one day be a part of  heart. So far, I have applied to three different positions at Southwest Airlines within the past month. I know a little bit about the interview process. I have read that it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to hear back from someone, but I have also read that people get a phone interview within a week or two of applying. Does the process take longer depending on the position of interest?

As of right now my status says “In Process” which I found means they haven’t viewed my resume yet. Is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime, or should I be waiting for anything specific? I don’t want to miss any opportunity I have to work with SWA.

The three positions I applied to are: Customer Insights Consultant, Administrative Assistant, and NOC Product Manager. I know Southwest Airlines is likely to prioritize internal hiring, should I be applying to different positions?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hiring Process

rpterz
Explorer C

I’ve been “in process” for a ramp position for over 2 months. No communication whatsoever. I’m assuming they filled the position and didn’t notify me or anyone else that applied. 

Lisakau808
Adventurer C

Hello

I have not applied for any of those particular positions but I did apply for Operations Agent and I got an email within the week asking for a video interview...About a week later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. About a week after that, I  then received a contingent job letter and then completed all my screening tests, badge class and other paperwork..on my portal page it still says "in process".  I recieved an email today saying congratulations the screenin gprocess is complete...but it still says "in process"...I am thinking it takes about 6-8 weeks from your contingent job offer letter to officially begin...I may be wrong but thats how long mine has taken. Good luck and I am sure you will be working for Southwest very soon.

Esha527
Explorer C

Hi,

Good luck with your applications and i hope you hear something soon from one or more of them!  I also applied for the Customer Insight position on July 1, it's been over a month and no news yet. Interestingly, i was looking through job posts and that job is posted again on the website as of yesterday. Went to review my dashboard and my application still shows as "in process" but the position title is hyperlinked once again whereas it was greyed out before. I'm not sure if i should just keep still and continue waiting to see if i hear anything or apply again. Kind of feel like i would lose my place in line for review if i do that though. My anxiety levels are back up now lol. Is this normal, does anyone have any suggestions?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Esha527

I took a look, and your application for the Customer Insights Consultant (R-2023-29428) is still pending review! With many applications for that opportunity, our Teams are diligently reviewing them in the order received in order to move qualified Candidates on to the phone interview step ASAP! It looks like our Team is close to being able to invite some folks to that phone interview soon. Fingers crossed you can land an interview & we can get to know you better! Thank you so much for your patience in the process. 

Best of luck! 

Esha527
Explorer C

@adrienneb omg thank you so much for your quick response! I'm patiently waiting with fingers and toes crossed lol! Have an amazing week!