Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How Long of a Wait After Applying?

rtodd84
Explorer C

I was so excited to be able to apply for a position as a flight attendant on September 26th but have yet to have any communication on further steps in the application process. When I log in it says “In Process” and that has been the case for the past 2+ months. How much longer should I expect to wait? Is there anything that I can do to reach out as this is a career choice I’d really love to have and want to take advantage of any and every opportunity available. Thank you so much for any helpful response! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How Long of a Wait After Applying?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there, @rtodd84!

Thanks so much for your interest in joining the Southwest Family as a Flight Attendant! After your application is received, our Careers Team will then begin to review applications and invite qualified Candidates to interview and share more about their interest for the Flight Attendant position. Applications are reviewed in the order received, and we received many thousand applications for the September 2023 posting. Any updates or interview invitations will be shared with you via the email address provided when you submitted your application! 

The process can take months to complete, and we appreciate your patience throughout.

More details can be found on our Flight Attendant FAQ here: https://swa.is/UpdatedFAQs

rtodd84
Explorer C

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is comfort in knowing the process a bit better. I will be eagerly awaiting an email in the future! 😊

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

I have posted before that I have a family friend who applied when the position was posted in January 2023.

He heard nothing until September 2023 when he was offered an interview.

From his experience... it can take a while.

rtodd84
Explorer C

Wow! That is a long wait! But, of course, so worth it to be able to have the opportunity. Thank you for sharing….makes me feel better.