Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I guess southwest uses computer key words to see you have qualifications for the position hiring.

zxcvb531
Explorer A

I have over year experience in major US airline  as customer service rep doing front counter, customer rebooking and gates and i got email stating  Since our practice is to review applications in the order they are received, we think it is only fair to let you know that we have received more applications than needed to fill the position, and we will not be moving forward with your application at this time. 

I filed on 1st 20 hours it was release and was on site 2 days.

its funny depending on recruiter 

1 REPLY 1

Re: I guess southwest uses computer key words to see you have qualifications for the position hiring

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @zxcvb531!

Thanks for reaching out and for your interest in a career with Heart! I'm glad to offer some additional context on the message you received.

Since we reviewed applications in the order received, we're not always able to review all applications in order to fill an opportunity. I'm sorry that your application was one that we just weren't able to get to this time around.

My recommendations in those case are to always fine-tune your resume specifically to the job you're applying for, do some research on Southwest and how the role you're applying for impacts our Company Vision, and get your application in ASAP! Often times, we receive more applications than we're able to review. This means that the earlier your application is submitted, the more likely we'll be able to get to it in the initial review process -- sometimes we can even receive enough applications to review within those first 20 hours. 

Still, we'd love to meet and get to know you better for another opportunity that fits your career goals in the future! Keep an eye out for the next time this position posts or for other opportunities at careers.southwestair.com - we post new positions almost daily!