Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missing 2nd Flight Because of Delay

raffas
Explorer C

I have a flight from LGA to DAL with a connecting flight in Atlanta, GA. My LGA flight is delayed for an hour and there is a big possibility we may not make it to our connecting flight. What happens if it is the last flight of the day?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Missing 2nd Flight Because of Delay

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that. To answer your question: SW woulod book you on the next available flight - even if that means the next day.

I just checked and there is one seat available on the 6 pm departure connecting in Houston.

Go to the gate agent and ask to be shifted to that flight. 

Also, keep checking the site for other flighta that may become available. People cancle all the time opening up oppotunities for others.

Check to see if you can make that change on your own.. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

6 pm is now gone, but there are now 3 seats available on the 4:30 thru STL and one seat on the 7:45 non stop.

Gotta keep checking the web site and move fast when a seat opens up

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

6 pm is now gone, but there are now 3 seats available on the 4:30 thru STL and one seat on the 7:45 non stop.

Gotta keep checking the web site and move fast when a seat opens up

I'd suggest @raffas to get to the airport as early as you can, the gate staff can get you an empty seat when someone doesn't show that you won't be able to officially take online.

You have plenty of potential routes so you only need one other option to appear and you'll be okay. DAL is a very busy airport for Southwest so you may end up not going through ATL.

Keep checking  to make an official switch as well, there's always movement close to departure time on availability. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.