Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No updates on software engineer applications

southware
Explorer C

Hello awesome people,

Does anyone have a timeline for Software Engineer roles applications? I applied for a few positions and all the applications still say "In Progress", going back to May 2023 😞 I checked this legendary forum post but didn't find anything related to software engineering position timelines.. any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No updates on software engineer applications

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey, @southware 

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in joining the Southwest Family. I took a closer look as your applications from last summer, and it appears that a few update emails were caught up in our processes. You have our apologies for not reaching out to update you - I made sure that our Recruiting Team sent you an update just a few moments ago.

So, while your applications from May 2023 are no longer active, you do have three recent applications that are still in the works. We received high interest in these positions (Sr Software Engineer, Technical Lead Software Engineer, and another Sr Software Engineer posting), so it takes our Teams some time to review applications in the order received, reach out to Candidates, and organize next steps. You're still in the running, though, and I'm hopeful our Teams will be able to connect with you soon! 

Re: No updates on software engineer applications

southware
Explorer C

Thank you so much for your answer @adrienneb. This was way beyond what I expected! I appreciate you taking the time to share all the updates and details so quickly. I'll cross my finger and hope for the best, but again thank you!