Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ops Agent Timeline - Denver

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Hi all,

I thought I would share how quickly the process has been for me over here in Denver.

1/27 - Completed application online. I did not intend to leave my job, I love my job

1/28 - Email received for Phone Interview

2/2 - Phone interview completed (I was so giggly! I giggle tons when I'm nervous). Tip: Just be yourself!!! 

2/8 - Virtual Interview completed and received CJO. Both of our connections were poo so we ended up on the phone to conduct it. Again, I was giggling. Be yourself, folks!!

2/9 - Email received from the Employment Screening Coordinator explaining how to obtain drug test and then a separate email for fingerprinting. Tip: Search for Quest Diagnostics in Google Maps. The website was giving me the wrong spot to get my drug test done. Tons of places for fingerprinting in the Denver Metro area! Got my background disclosure signed. Got everything done on 2/10

2/16 - Employment Screening complete email received (longest week ever!!)

2/16 - Email from Recruiter to upload the actual CDC card, not a doctor signed vax document with vax dates listed. So be sure to scan your CDC vax card!!! Got that uploaded the same day.

2/18 - Received email stating start date is March 7th. Will be receiving additional onboarding details soon.

Holy heck, that was a crazy 2 weeks!!!!

During this same time, I told my employer what I was doing. I work for a state government agency so things move slowly to get someone into a position. I wanted to be completely transparent with them. I submitted my resignation today so they can post it internally next week. Been told by all that I cannot leave and they would say horrible things if asked (they were kidding!!). I also found a new apartment to live out by the airport (new build, 10 min drive!). My current lease is up in May and I can move into my new place at the end of April. Also gained a new beau too... talk about a trifecta! 

I just wanted yall to know how things went with my process. I hope this helps someone else!!

BTW, DEN is still needing Ops Agents!! Come apply!! 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ops Agent Timeline - Denver

Alex1231
Adventurer C

Alex1231
Adventurer C

I'm curious why everyone employment screening is going by fast. It's been 17 days for me and I'm still waiting.  Everyone else before that was fast.

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

I think it depends on what you applied for and where the job is located.

DEN as an airport is hiring like mad because they are expanding. SW alone will be gaining about 18 gates from what I heard from one person who is currently working at the construction site. So I think that may have something to do with it??

Hang in there! 

Alex1231
Adventurer C

I actually did apply to Denver for Ramp but eventually moved to Tampa and got the CJO for Tampa!

Just waiting for everything to be cleared!

Tmike92
Adventurer B

How exciting!! I just got my start date today too which is march 7th as well! And as of the 28th of this month they’re resuming initial training at TOPS! I’m so excited! Congratulations on our official offer of employment! 

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

SWEET!!!! That's awesome Mike! Perhaps we'll be at TOPS together? That would be fun!  I didn't know that about the 28th! Do you know if we go to the airport first and then off to Dallas a bit later? I need to find a dog sitter and would rather know sooner than later.

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

Ramp takes longer because you have to go through USPS clearance too. I didn't need to go through that 🙂