Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Scheduled for intereview but recruiter has not called

Brandyngilks
Explorer C

I received a notification from SW recruiter that I would receive a call from Joseph for an interview for Ramp Agent in Oakland, CA.  The interview was scheduled from 9:00-9:30 but the recruiter never called.  Is there a number or email to contact or follow up with the Recruiter?  The number in the SW email that they would contact me is correct, not sure what happened?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brandyn Gilks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Scheduled for intereview but recruiter has not called

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I do not think there is much you can do. I found this information on their site:

Status of a submitted application?

We love that you’re excited to hear from Southwest. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide individual updates; however, your application status is on your dashboard. Once we’ve filled the position, the job status will change to “closed.” “Under Review” means we’re still in the process of reviewing candidates. Please be assured all applications submitted online are carefully reviewed by our Recruiting Team, but we do receive a high volume of applications. Only the most competitive applicants will be contacted for an interview.

I am sure you are frustrated ( as I would be too ). Since you cannot reach out to them, perhaps contact reservations and ask to be transferred? I hope you hear something soon. 

@Brandyngilks

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@Brandyngilks  If you recieved a notification from a SWA recruiter stating, that you're scheduled for a phone interview, you should've been called.

When you were notified of this phone interview, within that same email, there should be contact info, for that recruiter or, the recruiter that you were scheduled with. Being patient and not distubing SWA recruiters is very important but, in a situation like this, you should reach-out to one of them, and they'll address your concerns. 

NBOO
Explorer C

Does anyone know when the application for flight attendant should be open up again?

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

Nobody knows when positions at SWA become available/open, not even SWA employees. Your only way to quickly know, is to sign up for alerts, on the careers page. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Brandyngilks!

Thanks so much for reaching out & for your interest in a career with Heart! 

Were you able to connect with your Recruiter to get this sorted out just yet? If not, I'm glad to lend a hand!