Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Training time for ramp in Dallas

Dcrich1965
New Arrival

I start the 28th as newly hired ramp agent…can anyone tell me my training time..day..night?? Thank you for any info..

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Training time for ramp in Dallas

TPArampgirl
Solution

It will be assigned to you sometime during your first week, and they will literally schedule you for 8 hours during any part of the day, so be prepared for anything. 

Stayton3321
New Arrival

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more

Next Employee Portal App

Dcrich1965
New Arrival

Thank you for responding. One more question..how long is training?? And thinking I’ll probably be nights after training ..correct??.,guess that was 2 questions..lol

TPArampgirl

Training depends on you! There is no set timeline for training and you will be signed off when you are ready to safely do the job. After training, I have had a variety of schedules but directly after training, I didn’t go to overnights, but I did go to PM shift. 1700-0200. 

TNuts
Solution

Congrats and WELCOME to the SWA Team! Study them city codes, listen to your trainers, ask any and all questions and please make sure to keep your head on a swivel while working on the ramp! There are a couple of us on this discussion page that work the ramp for SWA and will be happy to answer any questions!