Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unsuccessful in our attempts to reach you

rjrodjr
Explorer C
I applied recently and received an email today stating that Southwest has been unsuccessful in their attempt to reach me therefore I am no longer being considered. I've only received two prior emails containing a questionnaire and a hiring survey, both of which I filled and submitted. 

There are no other emails or missed phone calls, and the candidate portal has simply changed the status of my application to 'withdrawn'. My contact information is correct and I've even checked spam and trash folders, still no attempts to contact me have been found.

Has anyone has a similar issue? I have my referral partner reaching out internally but I still want to do my due diligence.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unsuccessful in our attempts to reach you

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey there, @rjrodjr
So sorry to hear about the disappointing update to your application for the BWI Aircraft Maintenance Technician role.

Taking a closer look, I see that our Recruiting Team emailed you on July 5 to have you fill out a survey.  I'm having our Team take a closer look at your application, and they should follow up via email with additional details surrounding your status soon. 

We certainly appreciate the opportunity to offer some clarification! 

Re: Unsuccessful in our attempts to reach you

rjrodjr
Explorer C

Thank you for the clarification!

I do remember filling out the survey received July 5th. My only guess is that the submitted responses didn't go through. I might have exited out of the page too early. Thank you for taking a look at things as I couldn't find anywhere else to get in touch with someone to clear my confusion. I've just received an email from your team and responded there as well.

I am looking forward to continue with the hiring process in the next round. Thank you, again!