Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2.5 year old travel - what can we bring

sjain529
Explorer C

I've looked at the SW website a kazillion times. We have a 2.5 year old. Thru security, will they allow to bring liquids? That might be a very stupid question, but I know you can bring bottles and formula. I'm just wondering if I can bring juice (even if it's sealed like a juice box). I know that drinking thru a straw helps with the popping too. Or will they be adamant and nothing over 3 oz (even though it is for a toddler). 

Also, does anyone suggest to get noise cancelling headphones? I'm wondering if this is worth it.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2.5 year old travel - what can we bring

dfwskier
Aviator A

TSA is pretty lenient with nursing related products, but not so much with commercial products like juice boxes. Maybe you can buy a juice box after you clear security.

Sound cancelling headphones do work and make for a more enjoyable flight. I use them.

Re: 2.5 year old travel - what can we bring

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sjain529 wrote:

I've looked at the SW website a kazillion times. We have a 2.5 year old. Thru security, will they allow to bring liquids? That might be a very stupid question, but I know you can bring bottles and formula. I'm just wondering if I can bring juice (even if it's sealed like a juice box). I know that drinking thru a straw helps with the popping too. Or will they be adamant and nothing over 3 oz (even though it is for a toddler). 

Also, does anyone suggest to get noise cancelling headphones? I'm wondering if this is worth it.

I don't use noise canceling headphones when I have the kiddos around so that I don't miss an emergency, but definitely would consider it while traveling solo.

Sealed things are bad - they have to take a sample and test it, or else they may sample from your body to test for contaminants of concern. Leave some extra time if you opt for that.

Agree that juice is widely available and 1% milk. If you need whole milk though you may want to bring it.  Bring a sippy cup and get it at Starbucks if there is one, or other coffee shop. Not sure which airport you use...YMMV.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.