Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Baggage Inconvenience Resolution

arterbem
Explorer C

Long story short I checked a bag & the bag stayed in IN w/o me. The turnaround from me getting off one plane to the next was too short is what your agent @ Love told me. He said I either get compensated by coming back or you'd deliver it to me. That is not good enough for my inconvenience. I want delivery and the Luv voucher b/c the drive is almost an hour, I don't have my styling products & me going to get them while I wait for delivery means I am filing a claim for reimbursement, plus waiting for someone to drop the bag off. Receiving both means you value me as your customer, my time, and my inconvenience PLUS says you want me to continue flying SWA. Me driving all the way to Love in construction & paying tolls (or not paying tolls & being in nightmare traffic w/ bad hair) does not make me eager to fly w/ you again & the voucher would be a waste- & that's a positive for you b/c then you are only out of a piece of what digital print- you lose nothing while I lose time, gas, & I get irritation. If you deliver it, what you spend on gas? But I have to wait around to get my bag which may or may not have everything, which may have broken items I can't replace that were gifted to me during this very emotional trip? Your agents at BWI did not tell me that b/c the turn around was so short I would not get my bags, nor can I find it on your website- but apparently it is a thing b/c your agent told me that is why. The passengers on 3304 were rushed on to the plane & to be seated- why were the employees rushing to check they got all hot pink tagged luggage on to the flight? So I am requesting my bags to be dropped off and to receive the $150 Luv Voucher the agent at Love Field mentioned. I do not feel this is me being greedy b/c I am not asking for an astronomical amt. of points (or any) I am not asking for an amount that crazy (just what agent mentioned) but asking for both is not beyond your means- nor does it truly put SWA @ any disadvantage. So please just be different and do this- you all have no idea what went down on this trip and this was not a great end at all. 

Spoke to Tina 1st @ 888-202-1024 she said to call 214-904-5550. Spoke to Tony there, he said to call 1800IFLYSWA to escalate my concerns. Gave the "something else" option 2xs & got Dottie (who either works from home or has a dog in her office) she said she was in reservations but tried to help me by emailing someone- that someone told her to tell me that SWA will not be honoring my request. Also could give me no information on where to find the form to start an online claim- it is not on bagclaim.southwest.com where it is said to be on the printout the agent gave me at LOVE last night. Not sure I feel like dealing with SWA anymore- also they do not have a way to leave a Google review either- interesting. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Baggage Inconvenience Resolution

dfwskier
Aviator A

Do you have any idea how hard it is to make sense of a mega sized post with minimal punctuation?

I gave up

This is a customer to customer forum, so you are not talking with SW here. To talk with SW click on "contact us" below and proceed.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Well this was a mouthful. 

Did you officially file a claim? Did you eventually get your bag? Nothing is clear here. If this bag was as important to you on your "very emotional trip" as you claim, I'd go pick it up without hesitation, if that is what you were told to do.

Leaving a "Google review" ... is that what people do these days? I don't think I've ever considered going to Google itself to leave a review about Southwest (or really anything). 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

Well this was a mouthful. 

Leaving a "Google review" ... is that what people do these days? I don't think I've ever considered going to Google itself to leave a review about Southwest (or really anything). 

Restaurants I have done before, or small business. Very few people looking for Southwest online are going to see a Google review.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.