Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booked companion pass question

jonal
Explorer C

I purchased my flight and booked the companion pass flight no issue that was earned on the promo back in April (buy and fly, earn a pass from 8/1-10/1). If I change the time of the flight that we want to take, will my companion flight be automatically changed with my flight or would it be better to call CS?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Booked companion pass question

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@jonal wrote:

I purchased my flight and booked the companion pass flight no issue that was earned on the promo back in April (buy and fly, earn a pass from 8/1-10/1). If I change the time of the flight that we want to take, will my companion flight be automatically changed with my flight or would it be better to call CS?

Hello-

Southwest's Help Center shows how you can change your flight to a different time with a Companion that does not require a call to Customer Service:

You can change a flight that is linked to a Companion's flight by following these steps:

• Cancel the linked Companion's flight
  • Change your flight to the date/time/destination you want
  • Rebook the Companion's flight
  • If you have already cancelled the Companion's reservation and still can't make changes to your flight, we might be experiencing a delay.

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/changing-cancelling-flights

Hope this helps!

Re: Booked companion pass question

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

Always make sure that there are at least two seats available on the flight you want to change to before canceling.  It is rare but I canceled on time and didn’t do this and couldn’t add my companion back to the original flight because it was swept up,  Usually only need to do this for popular flights and times but good to check.  You can check by trying to book a flight with 9 seats and if it shows availability you know there is room,  If looks like limited room you can call customer service and they can do it better, if plenty of room, very easy to cancel then rebook