Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint Flight Attendant Cameron

kmbeasleyj222
Explorer C

Flight attendant Cameron's customer service skills were terrible; he rushed me to my seat then informed me that I could not put my carry-on bag in front of me and rushed me to find a place for it to go. I was moving so fast I lost my ear bud. Then he asked my row what their drink preference and I stated I wanted a can of Coke; he brought me a cup full of ice with Coke but gave the gentlemen next to me can Coke. I did not understand how I did not receive a full can of Coke like the two gentlemen next to me and when I tried to get his attention, he ignored me. I sat by the window in the first row to the left.

Cameron’s rudeness did not just stop with me, he was rude to my entire family, which consisted of my little sister, my mom, my nephew, and I believe that he might need to be retrained in customer service. However, what I do know is that someone needs to speak with him, and something needs to be done about his attitude. When it was time to get off the plane, I should have been able to go to the back where I found a place for my bag should have been able to go first since I had to go towards the back to get my bag. Cameron told me I had to wait until it cleared some towards the back; I just looked at him and asked the other passenger to please let me by and retrieved my bag. This person was rude from beginning to end to me and I do not understand why.

Because of a mistake that was made in January 2024; I missed my flight that morning at 9:50 am when it should have been 9:50 pm but unfortunately no one looked at it until that evening of 05/0and realized that the flight was that morning and not that evening. I took another airline home, and the staff was nice, and I received what I requested without an attitude; I just wish I had that same service coming to ATL.

I do want to mention that I took Southwest a couple of weeks ago and the staff on my business trip to and from was great.

Thank you,

Kenya Beasley Jeffers

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Complaint Flight Attendant Cameron

YeahNoMaybe
Frequent Flyer C

First.... this is a customer to customer forum.  It is not monitored by Southwest Airlines employees so do not expect a response from Southwest by posting here.

Second... it is never wise to post your confirmation number and entire name in a post.  I would highly suggest you edit that information.

Finally, it sounds as though you were seated in the front row.  There is actually a placard on the wall that states that no carry on items may be stowed in front of those seats.  If the overhead bins near your seat were already full when you boarded, the ONLY place your carry on bags could have gone is in an overhead bin further back.

I cannot imagine a scenario where any flight attendant would prevent multiple rows of passengers from deplaning so that you could make your way back and retrieve your bag before anyone else deplaned.  If you bag is behind you... you need to wait until you have a chance to get it.  You should not expect everyone else to wait for you.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@YeahNoMaybe wrote:

I cannot imagine a scenario where any flight attendant would prevent multiple rows of passengers from deplaning so that you could make your way back and retrieve your bag before anyone else deplaned.  If you bag is behind you... you need to wait until you have a chance to get it.  You should not expect everyone else to wait for you.  

Agree. No airline is going to delay thede planing procesx to allow someone to walk back to his/her bag.

When this happens to me, I wait a bit for passengers to be a bit delayed and there is aspace in the aisle and then I move a few rows back.T hen I wait for the next space, and move a few more rows back, Rinse and repeat as needed until I get to my bag

05bardic
Adventurer C

Cameron was just doing his job by telling you that you could not stow your carry-on in front of you when you were seated in the first row.  This is 100% normal when you're in a row that does not have seats in front of you.

He was also doing his job by asking you not to go against the flow of traffic to get your bag while other passengers were deplaning. This is fairly standard plane etiquette.

Your complaint that you received a cup of coke instead of a can of coke is petty considering the drinks are complimentary. If there were turbulence you would have received NO coke.