Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Dont lose your wallet on the plane and expect to get your cash back

Idcwhatmysnis
Explorer C

I lost my wallet on the plane. I thought it was in my gfs purse so i didnt think to check for it and didnt realize that it wasnt until i had gotten to my rental house. Did the whole lost item report and a few weeks later they said they had found my wallet and that they could ship it to me if i pay for shipping but included no info on whether the cash was in it so i took the gamble and paid to have it shipped to me. Of course I shouldve known better and the cash was gone. Couldve been a passenger on the plane just as easily as it couldve been one of the Southwest Employees that handled my wallet. Its frustrating not knowing but i certainly wont be flying with much cash anymore. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dont lose your wallet on the plane and expect to get your cash back

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Ugh, this stinks and I’m sorry to hear. You’re right that it’s really tough to know who took the cash, but hey, at least you got your cards and ID back, right? 

Hopefully you won’t have this happen again and you wont have cash with you either. You’re definitely a lucky one getting your lost item returned to you. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Re: Dont lose your wallet on the plane and expect to get your cash back

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

Not to be unsympathetic, but the title should be; Don't lose your wallet anywhere and expect to get your money back.  I've read on here where the opposite has happened and all things were restored and returned.  Just in the case, sadly, it wasn't.