Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

Experimental Aircraft Association Oshkosh Wisconsin (ten thousand airplanes) announced they re refunding everyone who booked for the fly in due to the Virus.

A once a year event & they will loose all that $ and not get a Government Bailout the size that SW will. Y cant SW make good & refund my fare instead of sitting on my $ in the lock box?

As a senior this unforeseen Epidemic is a financial burden bigger on me than SW & their

Clever Policies that know just how to push the letter of the law?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

dfwskier
Aviator A

So, EAA is providing refunds AFTER IT CANCELLED the event.

How is that any different than

Southwest providing refunds AFTER IT CANCELS flights. ?????????????????????

edit add: since SW was doing it first, maybe Southwest was a great example for EAA.

Re: EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

MeddleSeat
Explorer A

You really are good at deflecting the issue:

IF A senior citizen books a cheap flight not finding the camouflage fine print and the Senior ons willing to accept 1/2 of his airfare back on his credit card & my airfare was $659.00 & dropped to $99.00 why cant SW refund 1/2 my airfare to my credit card to mitigate? I have raised that question plus the tiny fine print not user friendly to a Senior & if I read your sarcastic response I would wonder why you keep repeating the Company Policy and dont acknowledge the Epidemic has caused mitigating circumstances let alone why SW cant give even half my$ back on my credit card. Did Sw train you to write like a Politician or does it come naturally. You evaded my issues again and try to bully me w your sarcastic comments.

Why dont you get your buddies from Sw to see if my flight was canceled they have my $659.00 and you d think they could add people to the call center w everyones $ that they are holding in the lock box. Your comments bring to mind "withholding information is worse than a lie. Giving a reply that does not address the issues and being so smug is disgusting and deceitful. Which bring s to mind when your lips move the truth doesnt come out.