Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights for vaccinated passengers

kbuena
Explorer C

Have you considered earmarking certain flights for vaccinated passengers only?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flights for vaccinated passengers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I have seen the travel industry is pushing to exempt vaccinated travelers from testing requirements, but I haven't seen anything about vaccinated only flights. In theory, once vaccinated, a person could be surrounded by infected people and still be safe so I don't know why an airline would limit themselves to only vaccinated people. Yes, I know there's no 100% guarantee with the vaccine, but generally speaking that's the idea.

What benefits or reasons would you suggest for an airline to limit flights to only vaccinated people? 

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

Completely not feasible.  They are flying limited routes with the current demand.   Expecting them to create additional underbooked flights would just create more lost revenue. 

And for what?   Why would vaccinated people care who else is on their flight?   Or unvaccinated people?   Neither is any more or any less at risk from this policy. 

Luis741
Explorer C
@kbuena FaceTime wrote:

Have you considered earmarking certain flights for vaccinated passengers only?

Though no country has announced a mandatory vaccination requirement yet, it’s “very possible” that some will once vaccinations become freely available, said Sharona Hoffman, co-director of the Law-Medicine Center at Case Western Reserve University School of Law.