Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Baggage

pchaya
Explorer C

I flew from New York to San Antonio along with my adult son who is an attorney on July 8th.   When we landed in San Antonio, my son's checked in baggage did not arrive. We filed a complaint and they said they will take 5 days.  After 5 days, they could not locate the luggage.   They gave me a case number "SATWN24636600".   I uploaded the lost item list, driver's license and incidental list.   It has been more than 2 months.  Every time I call them,  the help desk says you have submitted everything you need to , we will try to get hold of the central baggage team.  After putting me on hold for 30 minutes they say they sent a message to the central baggage claim and it will take about 30 days to call back.  REALLY FRUSTRATED.  I have been a loyal Southwest customer.  This is the worst baggage claim processing system.  

1. Why do they give a number to call if they cannot connect to central baggage claim?

2.  Why cannot they put the message on the portal  if that is the  way to communicate?  

3.  Why do they take 30 days to call the customer...

BAD SERVICE

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lost Baggage

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@pchaya wrote:

I flew from New York to San Antonio along with my adult son who is an attorney on July 8th.   When we landed in San Antonio, my son's checked in baggage did not arrive. We filed a complaint and they said they will take 5 days.  After 5 days, they could not locate the luggage.   They gave me a case number "SATWN24636600".   I uploaded the lost item list, driver's license and incidental list.   It has been more than 2 months.  Every time I call them,  the help desk says you have submitted everything you need to , we will try to get hold of the central baggage team.  After putting me on hold for 30 minutes they say they sent a message to the central baggage claim and it will take about 30 days to call back.  REALLY FRUSTRATED.  I have been a loyal Southwest customer.  This is the worst baggage claim processing system.  

1. Why do they give a number to call if they cannot connect to central baggage claim?

2.  Why cannot they put the message on the portal  if that is the  way to communicate?  

3.  Why do they take 30 days to call the customer...

BAD SERVICE

Hello-

It looks like you did what you could with the Baggage Claim Web Portal and working with the baggage claim staff. Since this forum is customer-to-customer, I would submit an email asking about the 30-day turnaround directly to Southwest Customer Service. Email is usually the best means for such questions to reach the proper staff members for best answers and corrective action if needed. Not sure if they can assist with expediting your case but worth asking. 

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/ 

Also assuming you did not make any Same Day Standby changes after checking the bags nor check the bags within 45 minutes of the original departure as that would create a voluntary baggage separation issue.